Thursday, July 25, 2013

Hospital Stay

Dear Jyzelle,

Well, my dear sweet baby girl the past week has not been so good to you. On Saturday July 13th we went up to Cascade so I could go White Water Rafting with your Aunt Kimberly an PaPa, you stayed at the campsite with Grammi Parrish. Well while I was on the river Grammi noticed you started to get a bit fussy and very clingy. When we got home that night you continued to be very clingy and fussy so we put you to bed early thinking you were just tired and maybe teething.

Well on Sunday you would do nothing but lay on my chest, which is VERY unusual for you. You love to play and move around and explore EVERYTHING! Well, as we were getting you ready for church I noticed that you wouldn't put your right foot down. Dad and I then started thinking back through the day and realized that anytime your foot got moved you would get upset and cry. We then noticed how much you were favoring it and that it was swollen and a little red.

We were going to try to go to Sacrament meeting anyway but you seemed to get worse so decided to take you to the Urgent Care instead. We weren't sure what had happened, I thought you might have twisted/sprained your ankle, your Grammi thought you had a bug bite from the lake that got infected. The PA at the Urgent Care had you get it X-rayed. The X-ray came back normal, but seeing you favor your right foot so much he wrapped it up anyway and told us to follow up with your Dr. on Monday.



Well after this we started noticing your fevers and so decided it must be an infection of some sort. We went to see your Dr. on Monday and she agreed about the infection and gave you the antibiotic Cephalexin and drew a line around the redness on your ankle so we could see if it got worse. We then went home and I just cuddled you all day and pretty much all day Tuesday as well. It was hard to see you not want to play or do anything, but I was glad that you wanted me to comfort you as best as I could.

On Wednesday July 17, 2013 we again followed up with your doctor. You still had a fever over 102 and the redness had moved down your foot. She suggested we go to the ER so they could run tests more quickly then she could there in the clinic.

When we got the ER they got your right back to a room, took a look at your ankle and took notice of your fever and went to work to get some blood work and get you on an IV. They got a poke in your hand and got the blood out but couldn't get your vein to open up (I think I'm remembering/saying that right) to have the IV go there so they tried your foot. Again they could not get your vein to cooperate so they then had another nurse come try. It still took some time but finally they got an IV in your hand and let me just say that was so hard to sit through to watch you cry so much. I might have cried a little too :(


They then decided to keep you for 24 hours so you can continue on the IV antibiotic and make sure you were getting better. (This didn't happen)

Well, I'll finish this later, there's still a lot to go.

I love you my princess!

Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment